Things to do in Long Island City
Never find yourself bored during your stay at Aloft Long Island - Manhattan View, with plenty of things to do close by. Our hotel is located off Queens Boulevard, and is a short drive or subway ride from downtown Manhattan, five miles from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and 11 miles from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Explore our list of the top things to do in Long Island City below.
- Citi Field - Take in a ball game at the home field of the New York Mets.
- Gantry Plaza State Park - This state park spans 12 acres and is located on the banks of the East River.
- Hunter's Point South Park - A waterfront park featuring a central green, playground, bike path, and waterside promenade.
- Water Taxi Beach - A hub for music, art, and food festivals located on the banks of the East River.
- Rockaway Brewing Company - Enjoy local craft brews at this friendly brewery located on the banks of the East River.
- LIC Flea & Food - This outdoor market runs every weekend during the summer and offers a variety of antiques, art, and food.
- USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center - Featuring 22 courts and spanning 46 acres, this stadium complex is among the largest tennis stadiums in the world.
Art & Culture
- MoMA PS1 - An affiliate of the Museum of Modern Art, MoMA PS1 features local, experimental exhibits and educational classes.
- Noguchi Museum - An open-air museum celebrating the work of Japanese-American artist, Isamu Noguchi.
- Museum of the Moving Image - This popular media museum is located in Queens, a short drive from our hotel.
- SculptureCenter - This not-for-profit arts institution is dedicated to experimental and innovative developments in contemporary sculpture. Experience unique exhibitions by emerging and established, national and international artists.
New York Weekend Adventures
Looking for some fun activities for everyone while visiting the City? Check out our Weekend City Picks: New York City article to plan the perfect New York trip. We're here to make sure your trip is enjoyable and relaxing. Celebrate your style at our loft inspired Long Island hotel.