Things to do in Long Island City
Aloft Long Island City - Manhattan View is located just minutes away from the top things to do in Long Island City as well as popular New York City attractions. Located off Queens Boulevard, our hotel is a short drive or subway ride from downtown Manhattan, five miles from LaGuardia Airport (LGA), and 11 miles from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK).
Explore our list of the top things to do in Long Island City & New York City below.
- Broadway Theaters
- Bryant Park
- Carnegie Hall
- Central Park
- Citi Field
- Gantry Plaza State Park
- Governor's Island
- Grand Central Terminal
- Hunter's Point South Park
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- LIC Flea & Food
- Madison Square Garden
- MoMA PS1
- Museum of the Moving Image
- Penn Station
- Randall's Island
- Rockaway Brewing Company
- Socrates Sculpture Park
- The Noguchi Museum
- Times Square
- USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center
- Water Taxi Beach
- Yankee Stadium
How To Get Here
Long Island City
- Citi Field - Take in a ball game at the home field of the New York Mets.
- Gantry Plaza State Park - This state park spans 12 acres and is located on the banks of the East River.
- MoMA PS1 - An affiliate of the Museum of Modern Art, MoMA PS1 features local, experimental exhibits and educational classes.
- Noguchi Museum - An open-air museum celebrathing the work of Japanese-American artist, Isamu Noguchi.
- Museum of the Moving Image - This popular media museum is located in Queens, a short drive from our hotel.
- Rockaway Brewing Company - Enjoy local craft brews at this friendly brewery located on the banks of the East River.
- LIC Flea & Food - This outdoor market runs every weekend during the summer and offers a variety of antiques, art, and food.
- Water Taxi Beach - A hub for music, art, and food festivals located on the banks of the East River.
- Hunter's Point South Park - A waterfront park featuring a central green, playground, bike path, and waterside promenade.
- Socrates Sculpture Park - An outdoor museum and public park with a variety of multi-media installations.
- USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center - Featuring 22 courts and spanning 46 acres, this stadium complex is among the largest tennis stadiums in the world.
New York City
- Times Square - Shop 'til you drop at some of the mega stores in Times Square including, M&M's World, Hershey's, Toy's R Us, Sephora, and more.
- Broadway Theaters - Catch a Tony award winning play or musical at one of Broadway's top theaters.
- Penn Station - The Big Apple's main railroad station serves more than 600,000 passengers a day.
- Madison Square Garden - Take in a game or one of today's hottest acts at this infamous arena.
- Yankee Stadium - Catch a game at historic Yankee Stadium located a short drive from our hotel.
- Grand Central Terminal - Explore this historic transportation hub featuring 60 shops and 30 restaurants.
- Governor's Island - Spend a day in the sun at this 172-acre island located in Upper New York Bay.
- Randall's Island - Explore Randall Island and discover a variety of parks, restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
- Central Park - Enjoy a beautiful stroll around this famous park located in the center of Manhattan.
- Family Friendly Outdoor Activities - Before heading out and about with the family check out our guide to the best of NYC's family friendly things to do outside.